Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Masshall

I will admit; I first read Kattie M's blog about Mass Hall - and then I went to their web...there's LOT of stuff in there. But I like it, even though I first though it was alittle too busy. Their home page basically describes who and what they are about: everything is right there (Faqs, Calendar etc). And if the links are too much, there's a brief description (with pictures)of what they do and how they do it . Another reason why I think it is pretty easy to navigate is the fact that I am a visual learner- and they have a perfect mixture of text and visual-based information (i hope that makes sense). Both their home page and their "mapping" link include images that illustrate their information without using much text.
Big issues: i do not know if it was the computers i was using to look at their web, but the "Map" looked a bit pixilated (that's an illustrator/graphic designer being too picky). I also wanted to see their recent "messy Archives" but i couldn't get it (are they currently working on their archives?).
Over all, it's an informative (non-bureaucratic) organization, it also introduces a lot of other indi Art organizations within the city.
I have one question though . . . and this is just me being slow: what is an "501C3"?

No comments:

Post a Comment